From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] linux-headers
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 11:44:10
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 23:38:33 -0700
4 "Hex Star" <hexstar@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > There is no harm in doing so :)
7
8 If you say such things, please add a short explanation what makes you
9 think that. After all this isn't IRC.
10
11 In fact, I would not suggest doing that. While kernel developers do
12 their best not to break existing interfaces unless they have real urge,
13 the picture also might get bigger, i.e. more or different APIs. So I
14 would not suggest running a userland based on headers with higher
15 version than the actual kernel. Although I have to admit that I don't
16 know if there candidates for unexpected behaviour and what those might
17 be.
18
19 -hwh
20 --