From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: fetch restriction bypass
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 13:37:57
1 Michael Orlitzky <michael <at> orlitzky.com> writes:
4 > On 04/30/2012 09:40 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
5 > > And, the cookies don't get set in a normal HTTP request.
6 > For this to make sense, you probably want to read, "HTML request."
7
8 Ok, I've got to think about all of this feedback
9 and figure out what to do. I'm leaning towards
10 manual download, once, and then an automation
11 script that runs each time I do an update. That
12 script would check for Fetch restricted packages on each
13 machine locally, as there cannot be too many that I use,
14 and then download the latest version via scp from a
15 (suggested) previous download.
18 Maybe this is a chance to play with port-knocking before
19 allowing the local file transfer.... I gotta
20 think about how I want to do this. My network is
21 "hard partition" internally, as portions move to different
22 locations and must be "stand alone" no matter how the
23 partitions are split. For now, the partitions do not
24 morph (change in component count).
25
26 ** note** a partition does not reference a hard drive
27 scheme but the fact that security and feature enhancements
28 are achieved by physical and/or software isolation.
29
30 Each partition should be fully functional and survivable
31 from frequent physical separation. Each partition can contain
32 one or more computational/storage resources and are not
33 similar in component count.
36 thanks for all the responses,
37 James