From: Martin Hudec <corwin@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a weird problem regarding internet connection...
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:47:59
1 Nistor Andrei wrote:
2 > I have no idea what might have happened yesterday... I got home from a party
3 > @5AM and I turned on my computer to listen to some music untill I fall
4 > asleep. 5 minutes ago, GAIM logged in, all by itself... I am sure I haven't
5 > modified any setting (unless I was sleeptyping). What happened? How can I
6 > make sure it's not going to happen again when I'll need my internet connexion
7 > more than ever?
8
9 Lovely (hope the party was excellent ;)).
10
11 Well, just check the firewall rules and check name resolution via dig.
12 Maybe it was just an issue with the name server itself. Might be handy
13 to get another one to resolv.conf.
14
15 Martin
16 --