From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice 3.4.4: required HDD space
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:08:21
1 Hello!
2
3 On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:07:33 -0500
4 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > I'll venture a guess that it may have approached 9GB either with some
7 > short-lived files, or *would* have approached 9GB with a different USE
8 > flag or other configuration combination.
9 > ...
10 > Ok, then I'll narrow my guess to the size required being dependent on
11 > USE flag combinations.
12 >
13 Yes, I thought so too, but I use the same set of USE flags for quite
14 a long time, and previous versions of LO really needed the stated
15 amount of free space. At least, more than 6 GB. And the last version
16 (3.4.4) not only needs about a half of the stated space, it needs
17 *less* space than the previous versions.
18 It may mean that the newer version is *substantially* reworked
19 though, which is very good. :)
20
21 Regards,
22 Vladimir