From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dangerous to emerge --depclean
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:52:26
1 I emerge -- depclean and the drivers of keyboard,mouse ,vedio and many
2 libs of font and many other package have been unmerge.
3 After revdep-rebuild, i reboot but i even can not startx,and i have to
4 re-emerge the drivers to startx,and then the libs of font to make my
5 fonts normal manual accroding to the unmerge messages in
6 /var/log/emerge.log.And now my audacious can't show my Chinese
7 characters ever after re-emerge it.
8
9 I just can't understand why "emerge -- depclean" such a dangerous
10 command can exist or i do it in a wrong way(although i think i am
11 right).
12 Does this ever happened to you?
13 How can you fix it ?
16 wcw