From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SIL0680 Rev E - Raid 1 - Problems
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:09:52
1 On Sunday 18 September 2005 12:36, Oliver Friedrich wrote:
2 > It seems, that /dev/md0 is a Node for a Software Raid, but i didn't
3 > configure one. So why is ist created by udev, when no software-raid is
4 > defined?
5
6 /dev/mdX are software raid nodes.
7 udev probably creates md0 because mdadm needs the raid device node to exist in
8 order to create it.
9
10 > If /dev/md0 is a node for the hardware-raid of the controller, then
11 > why can't I use it?
12 >
13 > Anyone got this controller to work properly?
14
15 I've never heard of the card, but the first google result for it contains:
16 "RAID (with Silicon Image's Medley™ ATA software RAID)"
17 Personally, I'd forget the crappy software/hardware RAID on the card, and just
18 do it in software.
21 Mike Williams
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list