From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Tether a Google Nexus One?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 21:50:55
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 23:19 on Tuesday 03 May 2011, Neil Bothwick
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Tue, 3 May 2011 13:21:06 -0700, Grant wrote:
5 > > There is a tethering option in the Nexus One settings but I can't
6 > > figure out how to get my Gentoo laptop to use the tethered cell
7 > > phone's internet connection.
8 >
9 > I never tried tethering mine over USB, because the WiFi tethering is so
10 > simple to use. You just turn it on and the phone appears as an
11 > access point in Wicd (or any inferior network manager you may
12 > masochistically prefer).
13
14 Hello Neil,
15
16 Had some bad experiences with NetworkManager then?
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com