From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Slightly OT] ext3 for Windows XP/Vista?
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 06:21:25
1 On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:27:50 -0800
2 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I'd really like to share my ext3 file server with my Windows machines
5 > without being forced to use windows file systems.
6 >
7 > Thanks,
8 > Mark
9
10 If you want to get files to windows hosts that aren't running
11 (dual-boot), you can do so with ntfs-3g which is a FUSE filesystem that
12 can write to NTFS.
13
14 If the systems are running alongside the linux, use SMB/CIFS -- serve
15 on windows if you don't want those 'filesystems' to access your
16 linux. I don't trust SMB shares either, but putting data from linux
17 onto them is no different than putting files on there with a flash
18 drive or disc.
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list