From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP scanner is no longer found
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:49:24
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On 24 March 2014 08:04:08 CET, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 >>> I see a lot of errors about
5 >>> "Device not accepting address <number> error -62"
6 >>>
7 >>> Did you google for that?
8 >>> Sounds like an issue with the scanner itself.
9 >>>
10 >>> --
11 >>> Joost
12 >> I did. I think that is where I got the idea to disable the autosuspend
13 >> thing. It made no difference tho. Funny thing is, this scanner has
14 >> just been sitting in the closet since I used it last. The power plug
15 >> was not even plugged in. I guess weird things can happen but I hope it
16 >> still works. I been trying to find a used one local for over a year.
17 >> I'd hate to repeat that process.
18 >>
19 >> Oh, one hit I got said that error was a kernel bug. That was why I
20 >> upgraded, just in case. ;-) I also tried every USB port on this rig,
21 >> including ports that other devices work on. Still no joy.
22 >>
23 >> I still think I'm missing something simple or some update broke it.
24 >>
25 >> Thanks.
26 >>
27 >> Dale
28 >>
29 >> :-) :-)
30 > Try downgrading to last known version of the kernel?
31 >
32 > --
33 > Joost
36 Did that too. I tested my trusty old 3.9.5 version. Still no joy. I
37 think it may have something to do with libusb or sane itself maybe. I'm
38 also fairly certain I was on 3.11.6 when I used it last. Heck, until
39 today, I don't think I had even rebooted this rig. Scratch that,
40 yesterday now. :/
41
42 I may start trying older packages too. See if that helps. I sure hope
43 the scanner isn't broke tho.
44
45 Thanks.
46
47 Dale
48
52 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!