From: Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to automate rsync of updated portage tree across multiple boxes without each having to pull it down from a gentoo mirror
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:49:35
1 On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Matthias Bethke wrote:
2
3 > [...] that in any halfway sane router these NAT problems are not an
4 > issue. And with many routers running Linux today so you can even get a
5 > shell and check iptables... :)
6
7 We are obviously talking about a different price category of routers.
8 Most routers people use here in Germany for home systems are from their
9 ISP, and they are usually proprietary implementations where you cannot do
10 much more than to configure them by web interface with the enclosed
11 windows software (if you can decide which ports go through you already
12 have an "advanced" router). Unless by experimenting it is close to
13 impossible to decide what the router really does or does not.
14 I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw a stone.