From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: SOLVED: Re: [gentoo-user] Progress made, not done yet Re: All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 02:08:04
1 On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I may have found the root of the problem: examine the following output of
4 > an eix query on apache, and note that the cgi stuff seems to be turned off
5 > in the installed version.
8 [snip snip]
11 > The installed version seems to have CGI turned off completely (notice "-"
12 > in installed version). I cannot find any reason either in
13 > /etc/portage/package.use nor in /usr/portage/profiles or its
14 > subdirectories.
15 >
16 > Is there someplace else to look?
19 Well, I took the easy way out, and added those two options to
20 /etc/portage/package.use for apache:
21 www-servers/apache threads -ldap doc apache2_modules_cgi
22 apache2_modules_cgid
23
24 After a recompile and restart, my CGI scripts are running again.
27 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD