From: Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's exactly --deep for ?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:19:39
1 On 7/21/06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:37:45 +0200, Janusz Bossy wrote:
3 >
4 > > In my opinion doing emerge --update world instead of emerge --update
5 > > --deep world will break your system fast.
6 >
7 > It shouldn't, because if any package explicitly requires a later version
8 > of a library, it will be specified in the ebuild and therefore updated.
9
10 I know that the Gentoo team is pretty well organised but there always
11 is at least one mistake. I'm not saying that something is wrong but I
12 like to know that everything will be allright with my system after an
13 update without checking all the new ebuild files :)
16 Pozdrawiam
17 Janusz YANOUSHek Bossy
19 tlen yanoushek@××××.pl
20 jabber yanoushek@××××××.pl