From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Random segfaults with kernel 2.6.27
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:07:22
1 On 11/20/08, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > I upgraded to kernel 2.6.27 (gentoo-sources-2.6.27-r3) yesterday. Today I
4 > experienced random segfaults during an emerge (twice during emerging
5 > mozilla-thunderbird; one time "as" (assembler) segfaulted, on the second try
6 > python segfaulted at the end of the emerge).
7 >
8 > Anyone noticing something similar? I'm reverting back to 2.6.26 for now.
12 You do not see these segfaults on 2.6.26, right? When I had the symptoms you
13 described, it turned out that my RAM voltage needed to be raised in the
14 BIOS. Do you run the proprietary nvidia-drivers? If you don't, run any
15 software that taints the kernel, I'd file a bug with upstream kernel people:
16 http://bugzilla.kernel.org/