From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying SRC_URI first during fetching
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 07:41:45
1 On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 07:16:32 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Normally, portage will try fetching from GENTOO_MIRRORS during an
4 > emerge and SRC_URI comes last. I want to reverse this; try SRC_URI
5 > first and if that fails, only then proceed to fetch from
6 > GENTOO_MIRRORS. Doable?
7
8 You can use RESTRICT=nomirror to prevent portage trying the mirrors at
9 all. I don't know of a way of reversing the order in which things are
10 tried.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.