From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CVSup vs Gentoo's Rsync
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:53:12
1 On Friday 24 February 2006 15:37, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > On Friday 24 February 2006 07:00, Alexander Skwar wrote:
4 > >> Alexander Kirillov wrote:
5 > >> > If I got it right here's the link for those interested:
6 > >> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_speed_up_portage_with_cdb
7 > >>
8 > >> Does this work with recent portage releases?
9 > >
10 > > it stopped some weeks ago - but in the gentoo forums was updated
11 > > instructions.
12 > > I am not sure, if the instructions in the wiki got updated but that is
13 > > easy to find out.
14 > > Try it. If it does not work, go to the forum ;)
15 >
16 > *LOL* - Now, that's what I'd call a "practical" approach :)
17 >
18 > I just wondered, because even in the most recent portage
19 > releases, there's an einfo text stating, that the cdb
20 > caching module needs to be rewritten.
21
22 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-261580.html
23
24 is the thread.
25
26 But beware, in /usr/portage/modules you need this:
27
28 portdbapi.auxdbmodule = cache.cdb.database
29 eclass_cache.dbmodule = cache.cdb.database
30
31 not that:
32
33 portdbapi.auxdbmodule = portage_db_cdb.database
34 eclass_cache.dbmodule = portage_db_cdb.database
37 that is the only change I remember at the moment (and which did not went into
38 the wiki).
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list