From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Limit number of cores used by emerge?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:26:45
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Well, this is interesting:
4 >>
5 >> root@fireball # emerge -1av kate
6 >> ionice: bad prio class -3
7 >> * PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND returned 1
8 >> * See the make.conf(5) man page for PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND usage
9 >> instructions.
10 >>
11 >> When I went to copy this, I noticed it was commented out. Now I see why.
12 >> What's up with this?
13 >>
14 >> I bet Mark is going to get this too.
15 > I bet you have a typo on your ionice command in make.conf. :)
16 >
17 > You should have "-c 3" not "-c -3" as I will guess you might have from
18 > that error message about priority class -3.
22 BINGO !! That was it. Mark, if you copy mine, remove the - in front of
23 the 3. Aw heck,
24
25 PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"
26
27 That one works mucho better. ;-)
28
29 Thanks Paul for seeing my boo boo. Thing is, I copied and pasted that
30 from somewhere.
31
32 Dale
33