From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] after latest update emerge completely broken
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 06:09:58
1 On 5/6/21 9:53 am, John Covici wrote:
2 > On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 07:39:25 -0400,
3 > John Covici wrote:
4 >> I have binary packages for lots of things, including portage if I need
5 >> it, but no way to emerge any of them.
8 >> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
9 > I have an update. I was able to get emerge to work again by unpacking
10 > a binary package of portage into /usr/lib/python3.8 but if I try to
11 > emerge portage again, I get that traceback again. Is portage 0.3.19
12 > broke?
13 >
14 Are the binary package files from an emerge buildpkg or quickpkg? - if
15 so you can untar them in / to restore the files (do you have a buildpkg
16 of 3.0.18 - stable version?).  Its not a true install but this method
17 has saved me a number of times from snafu's like this.
18
19 BillK