From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 08:49:31
1 Sean, please read responses at the bottom of this message.
2
3 On Monday, 22 June 2020 08:23:08 BST Dale wrote:
4 > Sean O'Myers wrote:
5 > > How do How do I unsubscribe please unsubscribe me
9 > > Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
10 > > Windows 10
14 > I've replied with how to do this I think twice already.
15 >
16 > List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:gentoo-user+unsubscribe@l.g.o>
17 >
18 > I might add, if you look at the message source, every email has those
19 > details on how to subscribe, unsubscribe, get help etc etc.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
23 > :-) :-)
24
25 Perhaps Dale's messages never made it into your Inbox, or even Spam folder.
26 Hotmail's email <aheam!> security features have form in discriminating against
27 messages with perfectly innocuous content, while delivering corporate spam en
28 masse.
29
30 Neither Dale nor I can unsubscribe you from this mailing list, but *you* can
31 unsubscribe yourself, if you get your act together on this task. Here's some
32 options from the easiest to the most involved.
33
34 1. Retrace your steps when you initially subscribed to receive messages to
35 this list. Hint: By the mere power of Google, or Bing, you will probably
36 arrive at the following page. You can then read and execute the instructions
37 described under the section titled "Unsubscribing":
38
39 https://www.gentoo.org/get-involved/mailing-lists/instructions.html
40
41 2. Access the headers of any message you receive from this mailing list as per
42 the instructions provided here:
43
44 http://www.emailtrackerpro.com/support/headertutorials/hotmail.html
45
46 https://www.howtogeek.com/442317/how-to-read-message-headers-in-outlook/
47
48 Then follow Dale's suggestions above. Hint: the address you need to send an
49 empty email to is listed next to 'List-Unsubscribe:".
50
51 3. Send an email to <listname+moderators@l.g.o> asking them to
52 unsubscribe you - they have magic powers the rest of us, mere participants to
53 this list, do not. Hint: replace 'listname' above with the name of this
54 mailing list.
57 Until you action any of the above, I would discourage you from continuing to
58 send HTML messages to this list asking other subscribers to unsubscribe you.
59 We cannot do it. What we can do and will do soon if you carry on, is to
60 blacklist your email address as unwanted spam. Eventually this could
61 propagate in the interwebs via our ISPs and you'll find your hotmail address
62 is blacklisted by an ever increasing number of users.
63
64 HTH.