From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Replacement for acroread on 64bit system?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 17:01:35
1 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I'm not sure what changed, but as of a few weeks ago I can no longer
5 > install acroread on my AMD64 system (something to do with x86
6 > emulation librarys being blocked by something in the Xorg server).
7
8 Hello Grant,
9
10 I do not remember doing anything special, but acroread works for
11 me on amd64 with, these:
12
13 acroread-9.5.5-r2 (nsplugin)
14 xorg-server-1.16.4 (glamor ipv6 nptl suid udev xorg)
15 profile : [1] default/linux/amd64/13.0 *
16 and of coarse lxde-0.5.5-r4
17
18 If you want to know how other things are set, just ask.
19 I cannot live without acroread. I have one phantom problem.
20 Often the pdfs autoload with gimp, not acroread. It seems
21 like a differnet problem everytime I fix this, where via a dialog
22 popup, preferences in seamonkey ..... It just keeps happening
23 over and over and again; I have no idea why.
24
25 I did hack extensively at updating all of my radeon/xf86 setting
26 recently.
27
28 hth,
29 James