From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help getting portage to email me emerge logs using ssmtp...
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:27:10
1 On 2011-12-14 7:16 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 >> Should I change this? Ianap, so don't really feel comfortable just
3 >> changing it without confirming first...
4
5 > Don't.
6 >
7 > Just file a bug, and let the maintainer take care of it.
8 >
9 > It's *still* supported currently.
10
11 Will do...
12
13 But, I noticed I was still getting the same error after unmerging ssmtp
14 and emerging nullmailer, and /etc/ssmtp still exists... so apparently it
15 is still trying to use ssmtp somehow?
16
17 I moved the /etc/ssmtp dir (temporarily, until I figure this out) to my
18 home directory, and set PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI= back to its default
19 (commented it out), and now I'm getting this error:
20
21 !!! A network error occurred while trying to send logmail:
22 [Errno 111] Connection refused
23 Sure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI correctly?
24
25 How do I tell the system to use nullmailer?