From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: auto rename konsole session tabs?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 19:17:28
1 On Tuesday 03 October 2006 18:04, James wrote:
2 > OT:  I use kde and quite a lot of konsole sessions for  admin of many other
3 > systems.  I currently manually use 'rename' in kde to put the system's
4 > hostname into the tab (located at the bottom of the window), for quick
5 > reference. Is there a way (trick) to automatically do this?
6 >
7 > My prompt (command line) does this automatically, I just want the hostname
8 > of the remote host(or IP address)  I ssh into to replace the 'shell #'
9 > that is there by default. If not ssh'd into a remote system, then the
10 > default 'shell #' is ok as the default.
11
12 dcop, and a wrapper around ssh, is the only way I can think of.
13
14 dcop konsole-{PID} $(dcop konsole-{PID} konsole currentSession) \
15 renameSession "${HOSTNAME}"
16
17 I don't however have a reliable way of figuring out the PID of the current
18 konsole process.
19 Or, perhaps I do. http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/04/msg00271.html
22 Mike Williams
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list