From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Networking broke after update: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:28:44
1 My last "emerge -auvND world" appears to have broken the
2 networking setup on my machine.
3
4 I use tun/tap networking in order to allow Qemu virtual
5 machines to show up on the network, so my /etc/conf.d/net looks
6 like this:
7
8 bridge_br0="eth0"
9
10 config_br0=( "dhcp" )
11 dhcpcd_br0=( "-L" )
12 config_eth0=( "null" )
13
14 # To be able to access internet on current machine
15 depend_br0() {
16 need net.eth0
17 }
18
19 That has worked fine for ages, but now when my system starts up
20 it says:
21
22 rc.scripts: rc-scripts: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces.
23
24 And then the br0 interface is disabled (leaving the machine
25 disconnected from the network).
26
27 Is hotplug now broken so that it can't be used the way it used
28 to?
31 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is this TERMINAL fun?
32 at
33 visi.com