From: Ian Bloss <ianlinkcd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1-long 3-short beeps
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 18:00:58
1 https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1029959
2 Pretty sad, most manuals I've seen have a troubleshooting section
3
4 On Wed, Jun 14, 2017, 10:22 AM Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > On Wednesday 14 Jun 2017 10:19:31 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
7 >
8 > > I'll know in few days, but I suspect you are correct. The motherboard
9 > > will need to be replaced.
10 > >
11 > > Though most likely I'll select a different motherboard if that will be
12 > > possible.
13 > >
14 > > --
15 > > Thelma
16 >
17 > I'd check again the PSU output provides the correct voltage 220V or 110V
18 > AC.
19 >
20 > Remove and reseat the RAM modules, try one at a time and check if the beeps
21 > change.
22 >
23 > Replace the video card, which you've done already.
24 >
25 > If none of the above moves you further down the road of booting, send the
26 > board back.
27 >
28 > --
29 > Regards,