From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: "Space" opera
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:55:46
1 On Friday 07 April 2006 23:32, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > When I have to copy my current / to another harddisk, which has a
3 > different physical layout of partitions and another overall size --
4 > how would I do this best (conserving as much of the information
5 > of the old root as possible)
6 >
7 > Is cp -a sufficient ?
8 Why not? Just make sure after you finish copying all the files that you
9 install grub to the new disk and make it bootable etc. If you are using lvm
10 this is easier because you can do a pvmove to migrate the data to the new
11 disk.....
14 Zac Slade
15 krakrjak@××××××××××.net
16 ICQ:1415282 YM:krakrjak AIM:ttyp99