From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is 'MAKEOPTS="--jobs --load-average=5"' silly?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:41:10
1 On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:58:29 +0100, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2
3 > >> I havent't had any failed builds that were related to the --jobs
4 > >> option. The only exception is when rebuilding my kernel modules. I
5 > >> have to build spl first, then zfs-kmod. But that's because zfs-kmod
6 > >> requires a complete built spl.
7 > >
8 > > Interesting, I have --jobs and portage doesn't try t build spl
9 > > and zfs-kmod in parallel, it always completes spl first.
12 > Interesting. Maybe a problem with module-rebuild? I will look into this
13 > when I have some spare time.
14 >
15 > Freshly merged kernel sources, kernel configured, compiled and
16 > installed. Then I ran module-rebuild:
19 > # module-rebuild rebuild
20
21 The only difference I can see is that I use
22
23 emerge @module-rebuild
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Stop tagline theft! Copyright your tagline (c)