From: Matt Randolph <mattr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] extreme clock drift / openntpd won't sync
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:42:19
1 This is almost certainly a hardware problem. If it isn't a hardware
2 problem, it is at least not distribution specific. This doesn't really
3 belong in a Gentoo mailing list. That being said...
4
5 Some rhetorical questions (in no particular order):
6
7 Does the problem persist when you use Knoppix? Does the problem persist
8 when you use Windoze? Are you overclocking? Did you fiddle with any
9 voltages in BIOS? Does the problem go away if you use a different power
10 supply? Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried an older BIOS? Does
11 your BIOS or xsensors (or equivalent) report reasonable voltages? Do you
12 have a replacement motherboard? Have you tried changing the update
13 interval of your NTP daemon to a smaller value? What was the last thing
14 you did before the problem started? Is the motherboard still under
15 warranty? Are you competent to solder a new oscillator onto your
16 motherboard?
17
18 Good luck!
19