From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to mount /var to RAM as tmpfs
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 05:42:07
1 On 08/21/2009 08:20 AM, Song Zhiwei wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I am trying to install gentoo to an embedded system and I'd like to mount
5 > /var to RAM as tmpfs. How can I do it? I tried to add mount command into
6 > the file /etc/conf.d/rc-extra, but it didnot work.
7
8 Mount points are specified in /etc/fstab. I mount my /var/tmp/portage
9 there with:
10
11 none /var/tmp/portage tmpfs defaults 0 0
12
13 You can look-up the tmpfs mount options to specify the amount of RAM.
14 Default is half the RAM in the system.
15
16 With that being said, your system will break horribly if you mount /var
17 as a tmpfs. /var is supposed to survive reboots.