From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5.10 in portage...
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:51:13
1 At Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:47:57 +0100 David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 16 September 2008 22:39:12 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> 1. You are not linus.
5 >
6 > "It's OK for people I like to do this, but not people I don't like"?
7
8 Rather, "It is less objectionable for people who have accomplished a
9 very great deal and have greatly improved the computing environment
10 for the members of the corresponding mailing list". "Like" would not
11 apply as I don't know either linus or the members of this mailing
12 list.
13
14 >> 2. That list is not intended for users, but for developers.
15 >
16 > Not even slightly relevant.
17
18 Why? I would think plaudis and/or kde developers would be more
19 interested in the decision of why plaudis was chosen than would
20 users. However, I must admit that neither users nor developers are
21 likely to be interested in comments made in the tone of some of the
22 previous ones on this mailing list.
23
24 allan