From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 01:39:59
1 On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.com>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> Kernels 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6 can result in severe data corruption if you're
8 >>> using the EXT4 filesystem:
9 >>>
10 >>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTIxNDQ
11 >>>
12 >>> This includes gentoo-sources. I hope the Gentoo developers are on top of
13 >>> this. In the meantime, avoid doing reboots after too short an uptime.
16 >> Doesn't seem to be that serious:
17 >>
18 >> https://plus.google.com/u/0/117091380454742934025/posts/Wcc5tMiCgq7
21 > Might I enquire as to the manner in which this comment impartially
22 > establishes that the consequences of the bug upon those affected is not
23 > serious?
24
25 Oh, and about "impartiality"; this is a technical issue, not a
26 philosophical one. I will always trust the expert's opinion over
27 almost everyone's else.
28
29 Regards.
30 --