From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Has mysql become compulsory - Part 2
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:37:17
1 This morning I woke up to amarok-2.2.0 requiring mysql. No matter what USE
2 flags I tried (-mysql, -semantic-desktop, -embedded, minimal) the darn thing
3 wants mysql. The strange thing is that even when I specify -embedded +minimal
4 I get this:
5
6 # USE="-embedded minimal" emerge -upDv amarok
7 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
8
9 Calculating dependencies... done!
10
11 emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy ">=dev-
12 db/mysql-5.0.76-r1[embedded,-minimal]".
13 !!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
14 - dev-db/mysql-5.0.84-r1 (Change USE: +embedded -minimal)
15 (dependency required by "media-sound/amarok-2.2.0" [ebuild])
16 (dependency required by "amarok" [argument])
17
18 I don't udnerstand, are my USE choices ignored?
19
20 On this old and small laptop I do not want to install mysql. I am already
21 cursing Akonadi for starting up every time I fire up Kmail (despite having all
22 the right flags according to advice from this list). Is there anything I can
23 do now to keep my laptop slim and free from mysql?
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick