From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PDF to png/jpg/...
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:05:07
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > does anyone know a trick/package, which allows my to
5 > convert the pages of a pdf file to images via the commandline
6 > (useable from a script).
7 >
8 > I have a/LOT/ of datasheets of electronics and want to make
9 > something like a "pdf gallery" to find pdfs faster...
10 >
11 > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
12 > Kind regards,
13 > Meino Cramer
17 This is not command line but at least it shows it can be done. I got a
18 local store to scan some legal documents for me and they were in .pdf.
19 I opened them with Gimp, yea, the picture program. I could rotate them
20 so they would not give me or my lawyer a sore neck when reading them.
21 They were sideways.
22
23 I doubt Gimp has any command line options but I suspect that Gimp uses
24 some sort of a plugin to do this. If you can find out what plugin it
25 uses, then you may can do it on command line.
26
27 Hope that info will bring forth much fruit.
28
29 Dale
30