From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: jamie.dobbs@×××××××××.nz
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] PPP Issue
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:43:07
1 > I enter the mknod command which recreates the device and I can then PPP
2 > into wokr but after a reboot that device always disappears.
3 > How can I stop this happening?
4
5 Are you running udev? If so, could be a number of things. First if you're
6 using the tar file (specified in /etc/conf.d/rc) the /dev node might be
7 disappearing (to fix I think you need to remake the dev node and rebuild the
8 tar file). Other problems here with udev is the lack of an appropriate rule
9 for the device creation...
10
11 Other possibilities are that if you're using kernel mods for the ppp
12 support, I know my devices don't get created until the module has been
13 loaded (at which point the devices appear). You might have some module
14 issues on your end.
15
16 Sorry can't be of more help...
17