From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] So O.K.
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:10:10
1 On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 20:27 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:36:10 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 >
4 > > > With all that experience, I'm surprised you made such a basic mistake
5 > > > as overwriting a config file. Gentoo is careful to protect your
6 > > > configuration files from being overwritten by new releases, it takes a
7 > > > deliberate action on your part to do this.
8 >
9 > > This isn't going to turn into another pointless flamewar, is it?
10 >
11 > Is there any other kind?
12 >
13 > I think the flames started when the OP made a basic mistake and decided
14 > the whole distro was unsuitable for any serious use because of his error.
17 That could be true, but why do we let it continue?
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list