From: Shoka <shoka@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Move eth1 back to eth0
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 17:18:36
1 Hello folks,
2
3 I have a gentoo installation as a guest oks running inside sun
4 virtualbox. After doing a proper clone, everything seems to work fine,
5 except the network interface.
6
7 I noticed that, after cloning, the eth0 interface has been renamed to
8 eth1 inside the cloned vm.
9
10 I do not why this happened. Of course, the new vm clone image has
11 another mac address for the nic. eth0 is not used inside the cloned vm.
12
13 Is there a way to explicitly define the nic names in a way that I can
14 make sure, that a certain nic (or mac address) is always assigned the
15 name eth0? I heard, that something can be done using udev rules, but is
16 this the intended way? How could this be done?
17
18 Thank you very much for your help.
19
20 Kind regards,