From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bluez 5 not connecting
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 03:15:56
1 On 04/27/14 02:33, Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 24 Apr 2014 02:11:57 William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 >> I was able to get it working manually - gentoo's init scripts are out of
5 >> date with bluez 5, blutoothctl is broken (or probably just poorly
6 >> documented which equates to the same thing if the command doesn't work) .
7 >>
8 >> In bluetoothctl:
9 >> power on
10 >> scan on
11 >> agent on
12 >> default-agent
13 >> pair <dev_id>
14 >> trust <dev_id>
15 >> exit
16 >>
17 >> In a shell:
18 >> rfcomm bind rfcomm0 <dev_id>
19 >>
20 >> do serial port stuff with /dev/rfcomm0
21 >>
22 >> rfcomm unbind rfcomm0
23 >>
24 >> bluetoothctl connect command does not work - connects and immediately
25 >> disconnects with an error
26 >> gentoo's rfcomm initscript has removed the -f flag which bluez 5 does
27 >> not have, but it also looks like the bind all in the 5.17 ebuild is also
28 >> not supported by late bluez5 so it immediately exits and no rfcomm
29 >> device is created.
30 >>
31 >> Ive adapted my python script to the changes now - but the pairing does
32 >> not survive restarting bluetooth so I'll need an expect script to set it
33 >> up each bluetooth re-init as it looks like there are no scripting hooks
34 >> in bluetoothctl.
35 >>
36 >> BillK
37 >
38 > Thanks BillK, your suggestions above helped somewhat, because I was able to
39 > connect with my phone, but it didn't get me far enough. I was not able to
40 > connect with rfcomm to my mobile. When I ran 'pon <connection_name>' pppd
41 > started, but I got errors like:
42 >
43 > Apr 26 18:15:12 dell_xps chat[29579]: -- write failed: Transport endpoint is
44 > not connected
45 > Apr 26 18:15:12 dell_xps chat[29579]: Failed
48 > This was despite the fact that I had created manually the rfcomm0 device and
49 > binded it to the bdaddr of my phone as you suggested.
50 >
51 > Googling for this error revealed that this is because the rfcomm code has
52 > changed - but there is a patch which may fix things:
53 >
54 > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/42303
57 > I ran out of time and did not try 'rfcomm connect' instead of 'rfcomm bind' to
58 > see if it makes a difference in my case.
59 >
60 > FYI, I'm on net-wireless/bluez-5.15 and kernel 3.12.13-gentoo.
63 I just upgraded to 3.12.13 and it stopped working with the same error
64 you have.
65
66 I did see some other messages saying that certain kernel versions are
67 broken but I'll now need to look into that now.
68
69 BillK