From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: epson printer
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 10:00:53
1 On 19/07/14 06:19, Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 18 Jul 2014 22:18:58 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> On 19/07/14 02:19, James wrote:
4 >>> Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
5 ...
6 >> Thanks, now working. The socket interface works whereas my old printer
7 >> used usb - wireless seems SO much nicer, and I don't need to run raw
8 >> queues for windows and fragile bonjour services via cups anymore -
9 >> win-win :)
10 >>
11 >> The web server is also a great idea - but the (lack of) documentation is
12 >> a problem when they don't tell you it exists!
13 >
14 > It may also have a telnet daemon running, or snmp. Worth investigating.
15 >
16 PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
17 80/tcp open http?
18 |_http-methods: No Allow or Public header in OPTIONS response (status
19 code 405)
20 |_http-title: Site doesn't have a title (text/html).
21 139/tcp open netbios-ssn?
22 445/tcp open netbios-ssn
23 515/tcp open printer
24 631/tcp open ipp?
25 |_http-methods: No Allow or Public header in OPTIONS response (status
26 code 405)
27 |_http-title: Site doesn't have a title (text/html).
28 9100/tcp open jetdirect?
29
30 No telnet but it does seem to do ipp - is there a way of finding the
31 queue name?
32
33 BillK