From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] postfix 'myorigin' and default user@domain
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:42:03
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a tricky postfix configuration question. I want:
4
5 1. mail from postfix on my machine to appear to be from host
6 "server.com" (my machine is "host.server.com")
7
8 2. mail to 'user' (with unspecified host) on my machine to go to
9 "user@×××××××××××.com" (my machine) not "user@××××××.com")
10
11 I can do 1. with "myorigin" in /etc/postfix/main.cf, but that also makes
12 cron jobs and such that don't specify a host, to mail to user@××××××.com
13 instead of locally to user@×××××××××××.com :
14
15 # For the sake of consistency between sender and recipient addresses,
16 # myorigin also specifies the default domain name that is appended
17 # to recipient addresses that have no @domain part.
18
19 Is there any way around this? Perhaps with a different MTA?
20
21 MTIA!
22 --
23 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>