From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble merging gnucash (png16 vs png15)
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 05:43:04
1 On May 2, 2014, at 1:31, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2
3 > One of my machines (amd64) cannot merge gnucash-2.6.1.
4 > The complaint is that it can't find libpng15. The system has libpng16.
5 >
6 > The build log has 352 occurrences of libpng16 and no occurrences of
7 > libpng15.
8 >
9 > The build log has 2 occurrences of lpng both 15 in consecutive lines.
10 > libtool: link: [big snip] -lpng15 [big snip]
11 > [small snip] cannot find -lpng15
12 >
13 > I seem to remember a few years ago having to edit pngXX to pngYY, but
14 > thought those times were definitely over.
15
16 The problem is that you have a package that you have not been remerged after the update to png16 and those libraries are still linked to png15.
17
18 Remove all orphan files of png15. Fix la files: la_file_fixer and fix_libtool_files, don't remember which does it so try both. Look at the depgraph of gnucash and remerge the ones related to png. If you are not sure which pakages to remerge, more is allways safer.
21 -Matti