From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] KDE desktop vanishing
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 22:21:55
1 Am 05.11.2014 um 11:31 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Does anyone know why, sometimes, when I log in to KDE via KDM, all my
5 > applications have disappeared? Sometimes they're visible in the task bar but
6 > clicking on one doesn't bring it up, and sometimes the task bar is blank.
7 > Sometimes logging out and in again used to fix it, nowadays mostly not.
8 >
9 > The only thing that's unaffected by all this is gkrellm, which is set to behave
10 > as a dock or panel.
11 >
12 > It's as though a new Activity had been created without action by me, but no
13 > amount of fiddling with the New Activity button gets me any closer to an
14 > understanding. Personally, I'd be happy to have the whole concept of
15 > activities stripped out. I don't suppose there's any way for me to do anything
16 > like that as a user or sysadmin?
17 >
18 > This happened to me again yesterday, and I ended up creating a new user from
19 > scratch and importing e-mails, copying the .mozilla and .opera directories and
20 > so on - only to find that that's been hidden today as well.
23 have you tried restarting plasma? Or switched screens?
24
25 i have occasionally lost programms from the task bar, switching desktops
26 brought them back.