From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sudden auto-unmount of an encfs-partition ... why?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 06:16:10
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a directory mounted via fuse.encfs (encrypted).
4
5 Since kernel 4.11 (seldom, more often with 4.11.1 and 4.11.2) it
6 happens that once in a sudden the system decides to make the
7 contents unaccessible:
8 'mount' stills shows the mount of that directory but neither
9 'ls' or any other application can find the directory anymore.
10 This happens while an application still accesses files
11 of that directory (and the failure to do so shows that
12 the "auto umount" has hit again).
13
14 I fetched the kernel right off ftp.kernel.org (more
15 exactlu: off a mirror of that).
16
17 What is happening here? Has Linus implemented a timer
18 for that ? :)
19
20 Any help is very appreciated since this featire is VERY
21 annoying!
22
23 Cheers
24 Meino