From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:18:15
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 07/10/2009 11:12 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> ...
5 >> It sees the mouse and says the option for the wheel is there. It just
6 >> don't work...
7 >
8 > I can't remember if anyone has mentioned xev yet. On my machine with
9 > the bog-standard M$ Optical Mouse (2-buttons+wheel) when I put the mouse
10 > cursor in the xev window and rotate the wheel, I see button4 events for
11 > scroll up and button5 for scroll down.
12 >
13 > If you don't have xev just 'emerge xev' (of course ;).
18 I got it working. I ran xorgcfg and let it redo the xorg.conf file. It
19 works now. Well, I have to reset my screen reslolution and such but the
20 wheel works. I'm on a roll now. LOL
21
22 Thanks for the help tho. No more evdev for me, unless I get it mastered
23 on my second install or something.
24
25 Dale
26