From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] kill a child and suicide
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:53:40
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 4 May 2006 18:55:28 +0300
4 Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il> wrote:
5
6 > Funny, I just tried the same, and it worked. It also didn't print any
7 > "after" (appropriately, since the sig handler includes 'exit'), and I
8 > didn't find any sleep process. Maybe it was from some different
9 > experiment?
10
11 I don't think so. You probably sent the signal to the child process
12 (CTRL-C, perhaps?) and the script at once, not to the parent only.
13
14 proper way would be to try it like this:
15
16 ./test.sh &
17 # wait some short time
18 kill -TERM $!
19
20 After that I see that the child process is still running.
21
22 -hwh
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list