From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Joining PDFs and/or jpegs together. Help, please!
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 17:46:07
1 Hi Alan,
2
3 On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 16:40:11 +0000
4 Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5
6 > Hello, Gentoo,
7 >
8 > I'm back again after something kicked me off the mailing list some while
9 > ago.
10 >
11 > I have a problem, in that I need to join several PDFs or jpegs output
12 > from xsane (the scanner program) into a single document.
13 >
14 > I don't know which program can do this for me. Would somebody please
15 > recommend one (or even two) to me, please.
16 >
17 > Thanks!
20 I've had good luck with gscan2pdf before. It's a GUI that handles
21 scanning and joining all in one.
22
23 It requires dev-lang/perl[ithreads] though which if you don't have
24 ithreads enabled already is a full Perl rebuild with perl-cleaner,
25 annoyingly.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Bryan