From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NIC problems after MS Windows update
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:40:31
1 On Sunday 29 July 2007 14:43, Jakob wrote:
2 > Hi Mike,
3 >
4 > I don't know if this helps but I have a Realtek 8169 in my box and if
5 > I hibernate windows and then boot up gentoo my card isn't working. If
6 > I boot windows again and shut it down (not hibernate) and then boot up
7 > gentoo again the card is working. it seems that windows reserves the
8 > card when hibernating and only give it back to normal state with a
9 > normal shutdown.
10
11 Thanks jakob, every time I tried it in Gentoo, I had first shutdown WinXP
12 normally. I even removed the WinXP driver installed by MS Update and
13 installed the latest one on the Realtek website:
14
15 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=6&PFid=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
16
17 Unfortunately, that made no difference in both OS'. Then I updated the Gentoo
18 kernel to the latest stable version (2.6.21-gentoo-r4) but still no cigar.
19 Anything else I could try? How do I troubleshoot it?
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick