From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best practices - flexible XServer
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:04:19
1 Hello
2
3 On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:48:31AM +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
4 > 1. usage of my own Logitech mouse as well as typical USB-mice and my
5 > touchpad.
6
7 You probably can define separate device section for:
8 • touchpad
9 • your logitech mouse
10 • any other mouse
11
12 and in the server layout have touchpad as core device (CorePointer) and
13 the other ones have as "SendCoreEvents" ‒ which marks it as slave device
14 when present and does not need it to be there to start.
15
16 > 2. USB-keyboards as well as the build-in, all with custom multimedia and
17 > Fn-keys.
18
19 This works for me with only one keyboard section and, I just had to make
20 the keybindings and some assignments in .Xmodmap.
21
22 > 3. external displays (VGA, DVI, LCD and TV-Out, one at a time would be
23 > enough) with different aspects and resolutions with 3D-acceleration on
24 > my Intel i945.
25
26 You can use xrandr and it's ability to add/remove screens while running.
27
28 Do you want to see the config and/or some scripts I use to manage it?
31 You can't have everything... where would you put it?
32 -- Steven Wright
33
34 Michal 'vorner' Vaner