From: Greg Donald <destiney@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LD_ASSUME_KERNEL support in gentoo and 2,6 with nptl
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:29:06
1 On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:46:40 -0500, Billy <billy@××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I have a game (SimCity 3000) that I brushed off the dust and wanted to
3 > try out in Gentoo. It doesn't like it. I applied the loki updates (which
4 > was interesting in and of itself.. loki was using some depreciated
5 > options of tail).
6 >
7 > According to google, the game is supposed to run with:
8 >
9 > LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.4 sc3u
10
11 I have the game and similar instructions on how to get it to work. I
12 will try to make mine work on Gentoo tonight and let you know the
13 results.
14
15 I last used it on a Suse box and had no issues, but it was quite some time ago.
19 Greg Donald
20 Zend Certified Engineer
21 http://gdconsultants.com/
22 http://destiney.com/