From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OO fails with useless 65280 error on unoxml
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:49:14
1 Success on compiling OOo!
2
3 I'm quite certain it was the ebuild, and that making it use the
4 internal redland and not the system redland was the issue in my case.
5
6 However, I've undone my changes in the ebuild and began compiling
7 again so that I can confirm it fails with only that change.
8
9 I had also rebuilt redland, but as I told OOo not to use the system
10 redland, that's why I'm checking again with the default ebuild.
11
12 Presuming my guess here is correct, then I need to make a bugzilla
13 post on the matter. That's probably true anyway since I got the
14 message:
15
16 * QA Notice:
17 * Package openoffice is breaking /usr/share/config permissions.
18 * Please report this issue to gentoo bugzilla.
19 * Permissions will get adjusted automatically now.
20
21 But that could be from my tinkering in the ebuild as well.
22
23 My assumption on the cause of the problem is that I'm missing some
24 dependency of redland that OOo expects, and it's not called in
25 explicitly by portage. Either that or somehow I diffed my own install
26 (would be news to me).
27
28 > FWIW, here's what I have (my OOo build works fine):
29 >
30 > dev-libs/redland-1.0.9-r1
31 > dev-java/lucene - 2.3.2
32 > app-office/openoffice-3.1.1   (bash-completion cups dbus gstreamer gtk java
33 > kde ldap -mono -odk)
36 These are the same as mine, with the exceptions that my lucene is
37 slotted and my OOo has less USE flags.
38
39 Regards,
40 daid