From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Does anyone else have broken symlinks in /usr/share/man/man1?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 06:08:01
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 10/12/12 07:27, Dale wrote:
3 >> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >>> I'm affected by a bug that seems to affect only some Gentoo users.
5 >>> dev-libs/openssl seems to install broken symlinks for some of its man
6 >>> pages. You can check with:
7 >>>
8 >>> find /usr/share/man/ -type l ! -exec test -r {} \; -print
9 >>
10 >> Small differences but pretty close. What is broke on my system? Link
11 >> to bug too. I'd like to CC that.
12 >
13 > In the other bug (linked to from this one), it was suggested that
14 > rebuilding app-shells/bash should fix it. But it doesn't here. The
15 > guy said that he had to "emerge -e world" to fix this :-/ So that
16 > means some package is broken right now due to some upgrade, but no one
17 > knows what that package is.
18 >
19 > Ah well, rolling release *has* to have at least some drawbacks, I
20 > guess. This is one of them
21
22 I guess. I wonder how to find out which package it is that broke this?
23 If it matters, the man pages for those doesn't work. Good thing I don't
24 use openssl* stuff. I guess one could google the man page tho.
25
26 Maybe this will get figured out and someone will learn how to not cause
27 this again in the future.
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!