From: Radu Filip <radu@××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What happened with KDE?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:04:56
1 One of the reasons for which I switched to Gentoo two years ago was the
2 fact from all the distributions out there, Gentoo was one of the fastest
3 to provide a KDE build for the stable version, as soon as KDE team did a
4 new new release.
5
6 I am "emerge sync"-ing almost daily and still there is no KDE 3.4.2 or KDE
7 3.4.3 available:
8
9 [ebuild R ] kde-base/kde-3.4.1
10
11 Am I missing something? I know I can use the "testing" version (~x86) but
12 is there a serious reason for why there has been no new release of KDE for
13 the stable Gentoo in the last months? I've read the Changelogs of kdebase
14 and kdelibs from Gentoo Online Package Database and I found no clue.
15
16 As an ultimate solution, how "stable" is the testing build of KFDE
17 3.4.3-r1?
18
19 Thanks
20 --