From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syncing via via git and signature failure
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 17:13:47
1 On Wednesday, 4 July 2018 09:55:25 BST Alex Thorne wrote:
2 > >> I use rsync and get the following for more than a day now;
3 > >
4 > > !!! Manifest verification failed:
5 > > OpenPGP verification failed:
6 > > gpg: Signature made Wed 04 Jul 2018 04:08:28 AM UTC
7 > > gpg: using RSA key E1D6ABB63BFCFB4BA02FDF1CEC590EEAC9189250
8 > > gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
11 > > I'm seeing this too. For me `app-crypt/gentoo-keys` is somehow no longer
12 >
13 > installed and `/var/lib/gentoo/gkeys` is missing. I have no idea how this
14 > happened. Perhaps it somehow got into `emerge --depclean` and I didn't
15 > catch it.
16 >
17 > Alex
18
19 I use good ol' rsync, because git creates too big a local portage for my disk
20 space requirements.
21
22 I came across the same problem today, after noticing the sync was hanging for
23 a few minutes at:
24
25 >>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
26 * Using keys from /usr/share/openpgp-keys/gentoo-release.asc
27 * Refreshing keys from keyserver ...
28
29 I'm guessing it was trying to connect to a key server and failing. Eventually
30 it continued, then sync'ed with a mirror and then arrived at the same "no
31 public key" error. Having waited for 15 years to arrive at a more secure
32 method of validating the portage content, the need to sort out the
33 infrastructure to support this shouldn't hopefully take too long.
34
35 Are there any news how/when this problem may be overcome?
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick